How Can Mobile Phlebotomy Businesses Use iPick Workforce Management Systems?
- For Phlebotomists:
- For Lab Managers:
- Live Phlebo tracking:
- Data Collection:
- Time-Efficient Operations:
iPick Mobile Phlebotomy Solution
Blood samples are the most common biological sample used in diagnostic laboratory testing. Recent global digitization has compelled healthcare providers and researchers to reconsider their current specimen collection practices.
A growing number of organizations have enlisted the services of mobile phlebotomists to perform in-home blood draws, which expand accessibility while reducing the risk of exposure for all participants.
This blog explains how the iPick field phlebotomist management software assists pathology laboratories in streamlining their Phlebo tracking process.
What is mobile phlebotomy?
According to Emergenresearch, the phlebotomy market is valued at $497.3 million and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 4.4% between 2018 and 2028.
Mobile phlebotomy services offer convenience and adaptability by allowing blood collection at the patient’s residence, workplace, or events.
A trained mobile phlebotomist can complete a blood collection process in 10-20 minutes. They are committed to safety and use sterile, disposable, single-use needles to collect samples. They subsequently deliver the samples securely to the authorized laboratory. The results are later sent to the patient online.
This accessibility and ease are essential to the expansion of the phlebotomy industry.
Challenges faced by the mobile phlebotomy industry:
Advanced workforce management software is necessary for mobile phlebotomy businesses to streamline their operations. While convenient for customers, it opens the door to several challenges for laboratories and staff. Let’s examine each of them separately:
Phlebos are accountable for delivering services and executing tasks directly to end customers. Some of the challenges include:
- Inefficiency: Blood samples must be delivered to the laboratory as quickly as possible to maintain viability. Delivery delays could affect the test results and damage the company’s credibility.
- Ambiguous task assignment: The manual process of task assignment is prone to errors. In an industry with direct consumer interaction, such errors can cost businesses their customers. Ineffective communication between lab managers and employees could jeopardize the quality of work.
- Scheduling irregularities: Phlebotomists perform jobs that lab managers get from customers in real-time, making it impossible to create a list of final assignments. Uncertainty in schedules makes traveling and reporting work status exceedingly stressful for Phlebos.
For Lab Managers:
Lab managers are entirely responsible for planning and coordinating the operations of their field workforce. This implies that any inefficiency on their end can affect the operation of the entire business. Some challenges lab managers encounter when overseeing the phlebotomist workforce are:
- Lack of communication: Laboratory administrators must supervise hundreds of phlebotomists in real-time. This makes it difficult for lab managers to communicate with Phlobos during task allocation and attendance tracking processes.
- High Turnover rate: Poor Phlebotomist management can impact employee retention, which is a huge issue for the phlebotomy industry. This could result from poor phlebotomist management. It can be highly expensive for the organization, accounting for nearly 5.8% of business expenditures. This results in a loss of time and resources for the company.
iPick’s Workforce Management Systems for Phlebotomy Businesses
iPick’s Workforce Management Systems is one of the exceptional solutions that can aid laboratory management in overcoming the operational challenges of a mobile phlebotomy business. The advantages of our field force management system are:
Live Phlebo tracking:
iPick’s workforce management software primarily functions as a GPS tracking tool for lab managers to get Phlebos’s current location. In ad hoc task allocation, lab managers can contact phlebotomists close to new consumers, ultimately boosting customer relations.
When collecting patient samples at home, lab management must ensure that the phlebotomist gets all necessary patient information. This method ensures that no errors result from an employee’s incompetence that could endanger the business’ reputation.
iPick’s mobile app collects data in real-time, making it simple for Phlebos to access patient data. The reports highlights the effectiveness phlebotomy firm’s employees. It is simple for lab managers to identify operational bottlenecks and gain insights for improving operational efficiency. It ultimately contributes to the enhancement of the company’s reputation.
iPick’s Task management software enables lab managers to allocate tasks directly to phlebotomists, saving time and effort.
Lab managers save time by posting assignments in bulk, which they can then devote to planning and evaluating. The promptness of task execution enables Phlebos to increase the business’s total productivity.
With iPick’s attendance management solution, employees may sign in to the app to record their attendance. Geo-sensitive attendance automates the process and facilitates direct employee access to the locations of patients.
iPick Mobile Phlebotomy Solution
The Mobile Phlebotomy industry poses various challenges for both employees and managers. However, maintaining the company’s credibility by delivering superior service is crucial for generating profits and expanding the customer base.
iPick’s mobile phlebotomy solution assists pathology labs in overcoming the difficulties associated with Phlebo management. Its robust solutions simplify operations like task management, attendance management, and custom forms.
Streamline your Mobile Phlebotomy Operations!! Schedule a Demo
Or mail us at email@example.com or call us at +91 89398 32446